Are you an author or a blogger? Do you have a mailing list? If your answer is yes, this post is for you.
Coschedule has come out with a new feature to optimize subject lines of emails.
If you notice the statistics for the emails sent to your email list, you will find some emails have a high open rate, some have low. Since reader engagement is the primary objective of every blogger, subject line of every email you send is important.
Here’s what I learnt after testing several email subject lines using CoSchedule’s new feature:
- Use numbers in your subject line. The numbers must be written in figures instead of words.
- A subject line with 3-5 words gets the most opens. This is the biggest challenge for any blogger.
- Avoid using marketing spammy words like ‘Learn ‘ or ‘Marketing.’ I know it’s not possible to remember the entire list. Check the attached file at the end of the blog for an elaborate list of words.
- Use title case for the words in the subject line.
- Subject lines with a maximum of 20 characters perform well. Choose your words carefully. Brevity is the soul of wit.
Do you have a bunch of email subject lines ready for testing? Check out CoSchedule’s new feature here
Check out Coschedule’s list of words to be avoided in the email subject line EmailSubjectLine-Words-Download_v2